Sunday, January 20, 2013

Hong Kong Day 2 - Disneyland Part 2

This is the continuation of my HK Disneyland post from part one! You can read my Hong Kong entries here: Hong Kong Day 1 - Shen Zhen, Hong Kong Day 2 - Disneyland Part 1 :)

So right after our HK-style lunch from Disneyland (which I'd never had expected to consume in a theme park), we settled down for more food..... Disney-themed sweet treats!

I chose a Mickey-shaped chocolate covered ice cream! Nothing beats eating ice cream in cold weather, what more in a Mickey shaped one!

The last time I visited Japan's Disneyland I bought a Mickey shaped ice cream waffle :P

A closer shot of it. I'm not sure if it's psychological or what; I've never been a big fan of chocolate covered ice cream but this one was amazing! It was the kind of ice cream that makes you selfish and you just wanna wolf it all down without sharing. *laughs*

Another mandatory snack - Caramel flavoured popcorn! My entire family loves this!!!! 

Imagine warm, sweet, crunchy caramelised popcorn on a cold day...... I can never get over this. Ever.

This one isn't Disney themed but it sounded tasty. It's banana bits dipped in dark chocolate!!! My god. Why don't I see this anywhere in Singapore??? I snagged up half of the packet. Fastest fingers wins!

By the time the picture was taken the battle for the popcorn began.

After tea-time we carried on with the rides! You have to take the rides in Tomorrowland. It's the only land (Apart from Toy Story land - more about that later) that has rides worth riding!!!

This one was when we were in the flying spaceship ride!

Buzz Lightyear!!! Initially I had wanted to try this one but we had more important stuff to do.......

And that is TO FIND THE MICKEY MASCOT AND GRAB A PICTURE WITH HIM.

I'm really uptight about this coz my luck with Mickey has always been downright sorry. When I was in HK with Swiss Winds, the person-in-charge stopped the queue at my spot. Right in front of me, she said Mickey had to rest. Fine. When we attended the Gala Dinner for performers, Mickey and Minnie came in matching wedding outfits so I asked my friend to snap a shot when it was my turn to take the picture with them. He didn't press the shutter button hard enough so no picture was captured. Nada. And when I was in Japan's Disneyland, the entire place was so packed with humans that it's already hard to find yourself amongst everyone, what more a mascot. 

You can see why I was always sore about not having a picture with Mickey. Three time's definitely not the charm! But. Thankfully this time round, the system has changed in Hong Kong's Disneyland!! It was clearly stated in the park's map the timings where there will be picture-taking session with the different mascots so we didn't have to hunt high and low for it in risk of missing the session!

Passed by the Sleeping Beauty Castle again so the folks decided to take a couple shot! 

The mascots were all in some fairy park in Fantasyland!

TADAH!!!! Finally!!! God knows how long I've been waiting for this day!!!

My individual shot with Mickey! It's now standing as my favourite wallpapers of all times!

With the family!!! Thank you guys so much for willing so sacrifice the rides we could take instead of queuing up for pictures with the mascots :')

I wasn't lying when I said Mummy has a secret fetish for Pooh!!!! Even I didn't hug Mickey!

Here's my take with Minnie. I only took the picture with Minnie just coz my sis made me line up together with her for it, so might as well make the trip worthwhile. *Singaporean*

But I have to admit her actions were really adorable!

Took this picture of her and for her and it turned out quite pretty!

We head down to Adventureland after all the photo-taking! 

Is it me or does it seem as if everyone stopped walking and stood in a line for us to snap the picture???


Tarzan's treehouse! Taken during the jungle boat ride!

Mom and sis!

Why hello fellas ;)

The ride finished just in time for us to catch the Lion King show. I've watched it once, and I wasn't exactly impressed by it :(

Wouldn't recommend catching the show if I were you but nonetheless my dad snapped some shots of the show itself!

The vocals and songs were great though.

Simba!

Timon and Pumbaa!

We had some time to spare before the start of the fireworks display so we decided to head on down to Grizzly Gulch for more rides!

It's my first time in this land so I'm actually seeing everything here for the first time.

Look at all the Mickey shaped food!!!!!!!! 

Basically the town mimics the abandoned mining town named "Grizzly Gulch". 

And in the land set amidst artificial mountains and woods, I found my new favourite ride in Disneyland!

The Runaway Mine Cars!!! The whole ride was made more exhilarating because we took it in the dark! (The night was actually still very young, around 6pm!) Due to the dark we couldn't see the coaster's route plus I've never taken it before so Cals and I totally didn't know what to expect!!!

It's the unexpected swerves and accelerating that made the entire ride ultra thrilling! A must ride in Disneyland too!!!


One more shot of the restrooms/restaurants disguised by the wild west town buildings!

Now.. The highlight of the entire Disneyland trip..... Toy Story Land! 

If you're looking for more "dangerous" rides, this is the land for you! The rides here are relatively more thrilling as compared to the rides in other lands!

And why hello, Woody!

Toy Soldier Parachute Drop ride! I saw this ride from afar when on the way to Toy Story land and decided that this was the one that we should try first!

It goes all the way up...... And drops right down. I could have gotten a nice aerial view of the entire land if it was during the day :(

In the Slinky Dog ride!

Here's the most stomach-churning pirate ship ride I've ever taken - The RC Racer.

Why the most stomach-churning? Well, maybe because it's a 27 metres high U-shaped ride??? The entire thing was almost like a x^2 graph and when I allude things to math you should know that I'm dead serious. 

Aha! Andy's Toy Box spotted! Damn why wasn't it open when I was there :'( 

I'm a true blue Toy Story fan!!! 

Last shot before leaving my current favourite land to view the fireworks display! 


Ready for fireworks???? 


Aren't they magnificent?!?!?! We squeezed our way through the crowd to get the spot smack right in the middle so it was the best angle to shoot the fireworks!

I didn't video the fireworks coz the last time I did my parents grew bored of it after the first minute. So I figured that it's always best to watch fireworks with your own eyes to truly experience the beauty of it! 

This time round I only took pictures! I think pictures make a bigger impact than videos!

Favourite shot of the entire display!!! 

Another favourite coz I managed to capture the colours!!!

The entire display was amazing. Plus the fireworks was synchronised with our all-time favourite Disney music that makes everything more romantic and dream-like!

I really tried my best to capture quality pictures of the fireworks!! I think I fared pretty well! What do you think? 

Chanced upon an elf on our way out!! 

The camera managed to capture the spectacular Christmas tree in the distance as well!

This is really the best shot of the Christmas tree that I took. It was difficult to get a good one with so many people swarming around it and god knows when some person would unknowingly stand in front of you and spoil the angle. 

With the ending of the fireworks display concludes our Disneyland trip as well. It was a great day!!!! Considering that on that day there weren't too many people so we didn't need to wait long for rides (Our longest wait was only 20minutes) and we explored most of the lands. And I finally got to take a picture with Mickey so really, I went back to L'Hotel Nina a contented girl :')

Here is my souvenir back from Disneyland! 

This and That collectible Mickey figurines!

The concept of the This and That figurines was what caught my eye - There are 18 designs in total, 16 shown on the box and 2 special ones. Basically you won't know what is inside in any of the boxes so whatever that you pick is up to fate to decide if it is the design that you wished for! 

I don't see much of this sales concept in Singapore so I bought one home. After all I don't exactly have a special preference towards any design so I'm fine with whatever I got :) It was a tad bit pricey though, cost me 60HKD (SGD $10) for one figurine. 

But this could never be bought in Singapore so I now have a limited edition item hanging on my phone! *proud*

That's all for Disneyland! But the fun definitely doesn't end there! Will be updating on Day 3 soon! 

Bye! ^.^